Skins fried mackerel with stewed cucumbers
- 4 pcs. mackerel filet with skins
- 3 tablespoons. olive oil
- 2 pcs. lemons
- 2 pcs. cucumbers
- 20 g butter
- 2 dl cream
- 1 bunch dill
- Season the mackerel fillets with salt and pepper and let them pull for 15-30 minutes. Put them on the fridge while you are making stewed cucumbers.
- Warm a griddle pan up (a regular pan can also be used) until it's hot.
- Brush the mackerel fillets on each side with the olive oil.
- Fill the fillets on the very hot grilled pan, with the skins side down, and the grill mackerel fillets almost finished. Loosen them gently from the pan with a palette and give them the last 20 seconds on the meat side. Cut the lemons in the middle and grill them until they are light black and caramelized.
- Put the grilled mackerel on a plate and serve immediately with the stewed cucumbers and the grilled lemons.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them the long way over and scrape away the kernels.
- Cut the cucumbers into slices ½ cm slices. Put them in a hot saucepan with the butter, let them warm well through, without bleeding for approx. 2 minutes.
- Mix with the cream and freshly ground pepper and turn up the heat. Let the cream boil into a thick sauce.
- Serve immediately with the grilled mackerel.